Waveguides and Fibre Optic Penetration Tubes
Waveguide vents are a crucial component for any shielded room or enclosure as they allow air to pass through whilst still attenuating radiated interference.
EEP design and manufacture a selection of waveguide vents suitable for all shielding applications.
Waveguide Vents Specification:
- Consisting of a steel matrix or aluminium honeycomb, our waveguide vents are designed for use in RF shielding applications requiring a robust, lightweight and low profile vent.
- Vents consist of hexagonal cell honeycomb material of a fully hard H191 temper 2.5% magnesium alloy conforming to MIL-A-81596. The foil is treated against corrosion using a chromate conversion coating process.
- Waveguide vents are available in a wide range of cell sizes and densities, allowing versatility in design of sandwich structures and other applications.
EMP Waveguide Vents:
- EEP design and manufacture a range of steel waveguide vents specifically for high performance applications, particularly in the magnetic mode at low frequencies.
- These specialist waveguides are made of 1 mm thick steel slats assembled to form a 10 mm wide x 50 mm deep matrix.
- This type of waveguide vent is typically used for military facilities requiring NEMP (Nuclear Electromagnetic Pulse) Protection.
- EEP can manufacture these waveguide vents in any size, with a range of flange designs to meet all shielding applications.
- Paint finishes and coatings for waveguide vents in harsh or corrosive environments can also be supplied.
Fibre Optic Pipe Penetration:
- EEP has designed waveguide single or multi-bore pipe penetrators to provide a means of bringing fibre optic cables into a shielded enclosure whilst maintaining the shielded enclosure's radio frequency isolation integrity.
- The waveguides are designed with a carefully engineered bore diameter to length ratio in order to ensure high attenuation.
- The multi-bore pipe penetration has a removable centre plug surrounded by 4 or 5 waveguide bores. This design allows fibres with connectors already fitted to be passed through the shielded enclosure, without affecting the small diameter bore.
Single bore fibre optic pipe penetration.
4-way fibre optic pipe penetration
- EEP also manufactures RF (radio frequency) shielded pipe penetrations to allow for liquids and fluids to pass into RF shielded enclosures, whilst maintaining the RF performance of the structure. For example chilled water or generator exhaust pipes. Click here to see more.