Radio Frequency (RF) filters are designed to remove unwanted conducted interference in all forms of conductor cables and are an essential part of any RF shielded facility aimed towards keeping out electrical interference.
EEP offers a wide range of RF filters precisely for this purpose.
Surge Protection Installation
EMP Protected Enclosures
Radio Frequency Filter Specification:
- RF Filters are designed to eliminate all interference from power supply lines.
- All filters have minimum losses for supply frequencies DC – 40 GHz
- EEP RF filters are tested to ensure very high attenuation to both symmetric and asymmetric interference.
- Filters are protected against conducted emissions and lightning
- Installation of Radio Frequency Filters reduces susceptibility of equipment to electro-magnetic interference.
Electromagnetic Pulse Protection (EMPP): EMP Filters
When a standard RF filter is not sufficient, EEP undertakes the hardening of critical facilities against the damaging and disrupting effects of an Electromagnetic Pulse, by installing EMP filters.
EMP Protection generally comprises of a Faraday cage coupled with the necessary electrical filters and surge suppression systems. All cables - power, signal, data and communications (both copper and fibre optic) entering and exiting the protected area need to be suitably protected.
This EMP protection can take the form of a room or a whole building, or alternatively EEP can manufacture and supply EMP protected enclosures, cabinets or doors.
To ensure compliance with the high international performance standards needed to protect key infrastructure installations, EEP developed specific test equipment for this critical task.
High Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse Filters (HEMP Filters)
Standard Performance Filter Range
- These high performance range of single phase and three phase telephone and control line filters are specifically designed to prevent interference from Electromagnetic pulses.
- EEP EMP filters are designed for pulse performance and protect the incoming supply, as well as protecting against surges produced from solar flares, nuclear weapons and lightning strikes.
- The carefully designed HEMP filters can be developed for any military, homeland security, public utility or commercial application.
- Other advantages of the EMP filters include their minimal weight and compact footprint.
- The comprehensive range of EMP filters, including Standard Performance Filters, Extended Performance Filters, Control Line and Telephone Line are manufactured according to the highest standard, and can be utilised for a variety of applications worldwide.
Extended Performance Filter Range
- This range of single and three phase power filters meet the PCI (Pulse Current Injection) requirements to filter Mil Std 188-125 E1 and E2 pulses.
- All lines are individually filtered and feature inductive input, offering superior transient handling and good continuous EMC wave performance, even on low source supplies.
Control Line Filter Range
- These Extended Performance Filters provide increased insertion loss performance, specifically for applications where additional performance is required over normal EMP capabilities.
- All lines feature high-energy varistor transient suppressors, to offer superior continuous wave EMC performance in a small package.
Telephone Line Filter Range
- These multi-line EMP protection filters are specifically for control lines and are suitable to be used in various EMP protected installations.
- All lines are individually filtered and feature inductive input, to offer both good continuous wave EMC performance and superior transient handling performance.
- All lines also feature high-energy varistor transient suppressors at the input end.
- A range of telephone protection filters are available for EMP protected installations meeting PCI requirements of Mil Std 188-125 E1 and E2 pulses.